I made a batch of these guys last week to take into work, because I work with really lovely people and I love baking for them! I wasn’t sure how well they’d go down – lemon, almond and coconut in cookies? Most people prefer chocolate chips… but they were a surprise hit, were finished the same day they were brought it, and the recipe was requested by a few of the girls.
I made another batch a few days later, because I was kicking myself for not keeping any at home, and figured I should probably record this recipe for later use. Not that you really need a recipe – it’s pretty simple!
– 100g butter, softened
– 100g caster sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp lemon OR almond liqueur, OR ½ tbsp lemon juice + ½ tbsp vanilla extract
– 200g plain flour
– ½ tsp baking powder
– Handful almonds, crushed
– ½ cup shredded coconut
– Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 170° and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
3. Beat in the egg and the lemon liqueur/lemon juice + vanilla extract.
4. Stir in the flour and baking powder until combined, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
5. Roll into balls and place on the oven tray, bake for 15min, or until golden brown.