St Jerome’s – The Hotel
The level 3 rooftop at Melbourne Central was converted into one of the most stunning camping ground in the world, where glamping is taken to the next level. The tents (with heating, air conditioning, electric blanket and electricity) are cozy little cocoons in which to spend the night with a favourite person.
You have a perfect view of the old Daimaru cone, the old Myer building, and the stars… You also get all of the following
* 24-hour reception and the ability to text the crew at any time if you need a hand with anything at all. And they are without a doubt the most friendly, helpful, lovely bunch of people you could hope to meet!
* Nice big bathrooms with all of your toiletries from shampoo to make up remover.
* Complimentary stocked esky with local craft beer, cider and water in your tent.
* Gourmet house-made breakfast box, delivered to your tent.
–– Butter croissants
–– Yarra Valley preserves
–– Fruit and nut granola
–– Banana and chocolate chip banana bread
–– Fresh seasonal fruit salad
–– Juices by Noah’s
–– Fresh milk
–– Coffee bags by Robert Timms
–– Fully biodegradable cutlery and crockery
* On-the-house coffee for early campers from 7.30am to 9am.
* Complimentary cocktail during Cocktail Hour from 5pm to 7pm.
* Complimentary Grill’d sliders (x 2) and chips, per tent (8:30pm or 9:30pm).
* Voucher for complimentary pizza at Slice Girls.
* Complimentary bowling at Strike Bowling.
* Complimentary meditation classes in the mornings on weekends.
We enjoyed a cocktail at The General Store and our Slice Girls pizza around the corner at Thousand Pound Bend. Then we made our way back to our tent and sat out the front in our fluffy white robes, eating our sliders and making s’mores and watching the stars. We woke up with a fantastic meditation class, had a tent picnic with a pile of pillows and our delicious breakfast box, then opened up our tent to the sunshine and snuggled under a blanket like kids. I left feeling like a new person.
I am so thankful for having had the chance to relax and re-set and re-calibrate here!