Another quick and easy and healthy dinner that only takes a few minutes to throw together, and based once again on a recipe for the Michelle Bridges’ Crunch Time Cookbook. Easy way to get your protein and veggies in, and if you’re still hungry, you can throw in some rice or noodles, too.
To make 2 serves:
– 300g beef, cut into strips (I used rump steak I bought at the market and sliced it up myself)
– 200g snow peas (the ones I got at the market were quite big, so I sliced them in half diagonally)
– 1 large shallot, sliced
– 1 large zucchini, half lengthways and sliced
– 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 tbsp soy sauce (I use dark soy for a richer flavour)
– 2 tbsp hoi sin sauce
– 1 bunch baby pak choy, rinsed and bottoms sliced off
– deep fried shallots, to serve
1. Heat a large wok over high heat and spray with cooking oil. Add the beef and cook for a few minutes, until browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
2. Spray a little more cooking oil in the wok and throw in the snow peas and shallots, stir fry for 3 minutes or until the snow peas become a really bright green. Then add in the zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes, until the zucchini colours and softens a little.
3. Add the beef back in, along with the ginger, garlic, soy and hoi sin sauces. Stir it all together, then add the pak choy and stir fry for a few minutes, until the pak choy has wilted.
4. Serve up topped with some deep fried shallots – easy!